Who are the 3 Northern Networks?
The Northern Networks is a partnership between LNN, LNW and MNN to work together to respond to the unique training needs and challenges in Northern Ontario. Each of the three Northern Networks is a non-profit organization that is governed by their own board of directors and the day-to-day operations are managed by paid staff.
Regional/Learning networks are part of the Employment Ontario umbrella of Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development services. Networks are funded to provide the same core functions, however the results are different based on the communities and regions they serve.
The Northern Networks are proud members of the Learning Networks of Ontario which is a partnership of 16 regional learning networks in Ontario. For more information about the Learning Networks of Ontario, please click on www.learningnetworks.ca.
Learning Networks are funded to:
- facilitate Literacy Services Planning and Coordination (LSPC) activities within the Literacy & Basic Skills field - a coordination and planning process that involves Employment Ontario (EO) service providers
- develop a regional Literacy Services Plan (LSP) document that is an annual plan from the LSPC process
- provide information and referral services to adults seeking to upgrade their skills to meet their goals
- support Literacy & Basic Skills agencies to develop best practices and to deliver quality services, meet learner needs, and meet funder needs
- build partnerships and collaborate with other community, regional and/or provincial partners and stakeholders to better support access to adult literacy and essential skills training
- increase community awareness of literacy and adult learning opportunities and promote seamless client pathways within Employment Ontario, Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration
- conduct and/or share research with service providers
- develop and complete projects that support and strengthen program delivery